- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Over 20 Years of Experience
- Helping Others Help Themselves
- Help for Adults and Adolescents
- Help for Individuals, Couples, and Families
- Help with Relationships, Family Issues, Career, Educational and Personal Problems
- Confidentiality Assured
- Mindfulness Meditation and Hypnotherapy Available
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
- Major Credit Cards Accepted
Dedicated to helping people live fuller, happier and healthier lives.
Dr. Nicholson works in partnership with her clients -- teaching, supporting, and helping them learn to overcome:
- Feelings of Sadness and the Effects of Depression
- Worries and Fears That Won't Go Away
- Explosive Temper or Hidden Rage
- Problems with Relationships
- Problems with Out-of-Control Children
- Patterns of Self-Defeating Behaviors
- Effects of Trauma, Abuse or Childhood Neglect
- Troubling Thoughts, Behaviors, or Memories
- Problems with Weight Control or Obsessive Behaviors
- Effects of Unresolved Childhood Issues
- Difficulties in Adjusting to Life's Changes
- Chronic Pain
Dr. Nicholson teaches many of her clients to use Mindfulness Meditation to replace a multitude of uncomfortable emotions and sensations with a sense of calm and peacefulness.
Clinical Hypnotherapy, unlike the hypnosis seen on stage or TV, can be an important tool in resolving underlying issues. This can often shorten the therapy process and better help clients achieve a successful outcome. As a skilled clinical hypnotherapist, Dr. Nicholson includes this healing method as a part of the therapy process with many of her clients. Clients approve beforehand this and all other clinical intervention methods suggested, as they and Dr. Nicholson work together to develop a treatment plan that will help them achieve their goals in therapy.
Dr. Cummings Nicholson
Thimble Shoals Counseling & Therapy Center
703 Thimble Shoals Blvd. A-3
Newport News, VA 23606
Visit Thimble Shoals Counseling Center
Mon. - Fri. Days and Evenings
Site visitors may contact Dr. Cummings Nicholson through the following link, as well as by phone, for more information on services or to make an initial appointment request.