- Do you feel sad and lifeless much of the time?
- Are you having trouble getting to sleep or staying asleep?
- Is it hard to concentrate?
- Are you irritable with family and friends?
- Is it hard to feel motivated or to be interested or happy about anything?
- Do you have little appetite or are you eating compulsively?
- Do you feel that life is useless and that people would be better off without you?
If you are experiencing even ONE of these symptoms, you may be suffering from CLINICAL DEPRESSION.
It is common to experience depression and other problems at the same time. People often have depression along with panic attacks or "nervousness", addictions, anger or irritability, and other problems. Through an informed assessment of the problems by a mental health professional, clients can better understand and know what to do about the symptoms that trouble them. Clients often experience a sense of relief and hope for the future when a professional:
- Evaluates their problems.
- Assures them that they are not "crazy" as they had feared.
- Gives them an understandable explanation of what is happening to them.
- Recommends a treatment plan.
As Dr. Cummings Nicholson works with depressed clients, she:
- Evaluates their symptoms and provides an assessment and recommendation for the type of intervention that may be most helpful.
- Helps them discover the root cause of their depression.
- Helps them learn to free themselves from the effects of past events and negative internal messages.
- Helps them re-evaluate life choices and behaviors that may be contributing to their depression.
- Helps them gain a sense of empowerment in their lives.
- Helps them gain a sense of new direction and hope for the future.
As our world becomes more stressful in many areas, large numbers of people are experiencing depression and other psychological discomforts. It makes sense to use the services of a psychotherapist, skilled in diagnosing and treating mental health issues. It makes sense to seek out a trained professional to help you learn what is wrong and what you can do to begin to feel whole again.
It makes sense to seek out a Psychotherapist like Dr. Susan Cummings Nicholson.
Call today for an appointment with Dr. Cummings Nicholson, and take the first step toward achieving your personal goals.
Dr. Cummings Nicholson
Thimble Shoals Counseling & Therapy Center
703 Thimble Shoals Blvd. A-3
Newport News, VA 23606
Visit Thimble Shoals Counseling Center
Mon. - Fri. Days and Evenings
Site visitors may contact
Dr. Cummings Nicholson through the following link, as well as by phone,
for more information on services or to make an initial appointment